The Tri-Ling Kids Music Program is created for students who want to gain music experience in a fun, social experience. Students learn music theory and appreciation, along with piano and ukulele. By teaching in a group, students are able to develop a support network with a love of music, play compositions together, as well as benefit from a group discount. Our teachers also provide mentoring to encourage individual learning at their own pace. The Music Program is a great way to develop a broad foundation of music competency.
Benefits of learning music
Children who learn to play an instrument tend to have better:
- Academic skills, especially in math
- Physical skills such as coordination, ambidexterity, and timing
- Social skills such as team work and self-awareness
- Public speaking skills
- and much more!
What will my child learn?
- Music theory such as how to read rhythms, notes, and music annotation
- Music appreciation via exposure to various types of music, learning how musicians create music, a bit of musical history, and the chance to create some of their own music!
- Learn how to keep beat with a group, proper performance etiquette, and positive performance experience in a small group format throughout the semester.
- The basics on how to play and care for the ukulele
- When ready, students will begin instruction on how to play the piano.
Current music classes:
- Ukulele: Tuesdays 11:15-12:15pm
- Piano: Tuesdays 10:00-11:00am
- Music appreciation, piano, and ukulele: This series of classes is part of our full day program where students spend 45 minutes with our piano instructor and 45 minutes with our ukulele instructor for a comprehensive experience.